A Couple of Healthy Holiday Drink Recipies
Spiced Hot Cocoa
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh or canned coconut milk (full fat), shake well if using canned.
- 1 1/4 oz 85% Dark Chocolate (if you don’t have dark chocolate you can use 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, you might have to add a little more honey)
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1/8 tsp unrefined sea salt
- dash of cayenne pepper (this really compliments the cocoa)
- In a saucepan over low heat, pour in coconut milk and dark chocolate.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Add water, honey, and salt and stir until well heated – but not boiled.
- Sprinkle with a dash of cayenne pepper and serve hot.
Holiday Egg Nog
- 2 large fresh organic eggs
- 2/3 cup canned or fresh coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- bourbon, rum, or brandy (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt the raw honey just until melted.
- In a medium to large bowl add eggs.
- With a mixer beat eggs until well blended.
- Add coconut milk, water, and melted raw honey and beat for several minutes until mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir in the vanilla and ground nutmeg.
- Chill for several hours.
- Serve with a cinnamon stick and some ground nutmeg on top.
If you want this to be an alcoholic egg nog, add a little brandy, rum or bourbon.